Thursday, October 11, 2018

2018 October 06 Saturday

2018 October 06 Saturday in Liberty Hill Texas

71° and mostly cloudy. We had some intermittent rain showers mid morning though mid afternoon. It reached a sweaty 86°

I was up at 5:30 and tried to post on my MUSINGS blog but I couldn't get a good enough connection. So, I went outside and sat in my truck, where I could get a better connection.

Yesterday I had gotten two of our small outside tables set up under the awning, but they badly needed cleaning. Early this morning I took care of that.

I sat outside and ate my breakfast while Ella got caught up on sleep.

The flies had almost as much of my breakfast as I did. I don't remember there being so many in years past. Maybe it had to do with all of the rain they received recently.

.

I may have found the leak.

I patched it as best as I could with the roof tape. However I lack confidence in it because the wood beneath is rotted away. I will try making the slit bigger and sliding some plywood beneath the rubber membrane. Then secure the wood with screws. Next seal it with adhesive and then cover that with the roof repair tape. That's my thinking anyway.

Our RV slideout didn't slide again this year. And the floor and wall are separating similar to what happened to the Hitchhiker 5th wheel two years ago. Our home is coming apart. Being over 70 years old and on a fixed income really sucks at times like these.

It's been a long hot, and frustrating day. So I've showered and called it quits for today.

G’nite y’all!

Visit my daily devotions blog https://musingsdevotions.wordpres mys.com/

And my sermons blog http://thomasewilliams.blogspot.com/?m=1l
All content (except quotations) © 2018 Thomas E. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment