Thursday, February 28, 2013

House Battery Replacement

          It was bound to happen!  My house batteries needed to be replaced.  These are batteries that I bought back in 2007 when I bought the Road Ranger.  And I pretty much just ignored them since then.  I think I may have added water to them once.  That is NOT recommended care.  So my abused batteries had finally deep cycled their last and need to be replaced.  We have NEVER dry camped.  The only times that we have had to rely on battery power was when a storm took down power lines.  Because of the way we use our RV, I decided to not replace the two batteries with two new batteries but to only have one battery.  I believe that it will work with the way we use our RV.



I also cleaned the connections which had become slightly corroded.   I promise to treat the new battery with more care than I did the first ones.  Even an old dog can learn new tricks.

I remember Red Green's "Man Prayer"  I'm a man.  But I can change.  If I have to.  I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment