Sunday, November 4, 2018

2018 November 02 Friday

2018 November 02 Friday in Liberty Hill, Bertram, Burnet, and Marble Falls, Texas

We arrived at the church around 9:30. Our Grandies group saves aluminum cans and people donate cans to us also. Several times a year we take them to Marble Falls for recycling. I should explain that Texas has no deposit and no return on soft drink Cans. The recyclers pay by the pound for the aluminum. We made $35.

However that is skipping ahead on the story. We had loaded Rudolf the red nosed pickup bed as full as it would go and still put the cover in place.

The cover is in two prices with each piece debited by four screws with wingnuts. Knowing that each of this screws would need to be removed at the recycling center, I decided that two each wires be enough

We hadn't gone far before I realized that Rudolf was running on empty. I went to the nearest station and filled up. 25.336 gallons in a 25 gallon tank. I told you we were running on empty. Thank God that I noticed it when I did.

Because of the side trip to the gas station I changed the route we took. We had gone through Bertram when one of the plywood covers blew off of the truck. Obviously I was wrong that it didn't need all of these screws holding it down. I pulled off to the side of the road and retrieved the cover and put it back in place with all of the screws.

After getting our cash at the recycling plant, we joined the rest of the grandies group at the Blue Bonnet cafe for lunch and pie.

After leaving the cafe we had time to return home before going to the VA Clinic in Cedar Park.

I was given a clean bill of health and a hug by my doctor. She also made me promise to walk a mile every day. She placed an order with the VA pharmacy for something that would help with the pain in my knees and the neuropathy in my feet.

After returning home, I worked some on building a deck.

God bless and g'nite y'all.

Visit my daily devotions blog https://MusingsDevotions.wordpress.com/

And my sermons blog http://ThomasEWilliams.blogspot.com/?m=1l

All content (except quotations) © 2018 Thomas E. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment