Friday, March 22, 2019

2019 March 22 Friday


2019 March 22 Friday in Leander and Liberty Hill , Texas

49° and mostly clear with the full moon still in the western sky this morning. It reached 76° this afternoon before clouding over.[caption width="2582"][/caption]

Good Morning, Moon![caption width="1549"]Good Morning, Sun![/caption]

After lunch we drove tho the Leander United Methodist church tho play games

50+ Game Day at the Leander UMC is a once a month event. People bring their favorite games to share with others. We took both our Fast Track game and Rummikube. Bill and Karen usually come and play Fast Track with us. However, they weren't there today. The other tables already had enough players for their games. That meant that Ella and I played against each other. We could Have stayed home and done that.

For lunch I made a corn chowder in the Instapot. With the lid removed, I chopped chopped 4 thick cut pieces of bacon into bite size bits and sauteed them. I grated a fist size potatoe and two carrots into the pot, still on saute. I had a couple small pieces of celery that I also chopped and added to the mix.

I kept it stirred so that the veggies would be heated but not browned. Though I usually use frozen corn, this time I incorporated a can of corn (not drained) and an equal amount of milk.

With the pot still on saute, the chowder was brought to a boil. At that point I cancelled saute mode and turned the pot to slow cook with the lid on and the vent open.

Over the next hour and a half I would occasionally stir it to keep the milk from breaking down or foaming over. I could also have added butter or oil to keep it from foaming. However, after a taste test, I decided against adding anything other than salt and pepper.

When it was served, I added a small dollop of sour cream which is totally optional.

It was good enough that we had the leftover for supper.

No photo tonight because it was completely cloudy and no sunset was seen.

Today seemed like Saturday to me. Now I'll Have a whole 'nother Saturday tomorrow.

G'night and God bless.

Visit my daily devotions blog https://musingsdevotions.wordpress.com

My sermons blog http://thomasewilliams.blogspot.com/?m=1

Random Thoughts/ https://thethomasewilliamsnewsletter.wordpress.com

The blog that holds all of my blogs https://rvingfulltimewithtomandella.wordpress.com

All content (except quotations) ©2019 Thomas E. Willuams

No comments:

Post a Comment