Friday, February 8, 2019

2019 February 08 Friday


2019 February 08 Friday in Liberty Hill, Texas

28° what more can be said about that? It peeked out at 34.

Another gray flannel sky this morning.

And look at these tiny little ice pellets. They are too small to be hail and too big to be sleet.

For the last couple of days I've had an ear ache and I have been trying to tough it out. Today I was hurting badly enough to make a doctor's appointment.

At first it appeared to be plugged with ear wax. They poured some hydrogen peroxide in my ear and let it set for 5 minutes. Then they came in with a huge shringe full of warm water and squirted that in my ear many times over. Then they examined it again and saw something else far back in the eat canal. Carefully they removed it.

It was the rubber pad from an earbud. I can't hear much in that ear anyway so I never noticed a change in my hearing. I've no idea how long it had been in there.

The 50+ group at Leander United Methodist Church hosted a Valentine lunch today.

.

The panorama photo below shows how well attended it was.

After the meal, there was a game where we had to identify various candies and answer some trivia about candy. I didn't do well. Even when they gave the answers I hadn't heard of at least 1/3 of them. I was proud of the fact that I knew where the name for Snickers candybars came from. I'm not giving you the answer. Go ahead and Google it.

When we arrived home the effects of the "blizzard" were clearly seen.

We continued receiving more snow on into the night.

G'night and God bless.

Visit my daily devotions blog

My sermons blog

Random Thoughts /

The blog that holds all of my blogs

All content (except quotations) ©2019 Thomas E. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment