Tuesday, December 20, 2011

In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter, long ago.



        The weather outside made me think of this hymn.  What a strange way to start a Christmas hymn.  Don't you think?  Maybe it was done for the contrast of the worlds bleakness before the birth of Jesus the Christ.
        At any rate, so far we haven't had the snow on snow but the rest of the lyrics sure describe today.  A good day to be sitting in the recliner and working on my blogs.  
       We have no place that we need to be until six this evening, when we get our Mr. and Mrs. Claus clothes on and go visit some day care kids.  We already have a Santa bag full of gifts to hand out.
        In the mean time, Ella is mixing up a fruit and rice dish that we'll 'test drive' for lunch.  If it turns our well, she'll make a bigger batch for our Christmas potluck after church on Sunday.
      Kramer, the cat, is upset that there is no lap for her to sit on at the moment.  I think she is jealous of the laptop.
      I just realized that this post really hasn't anything to do with living in an RV.  It is just about us living.  I should have posted it in my other blog, The North Pole News at www.nPoleNews.blogspot.com.  But I've already posted my writing for today on that blog.  Feel free to visit all of my blogs.  I try to keep them  fresh and updated fairly regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment