Thursday, October 11, 2018

2018 February 03 Saturday

2018 February 03 Saturday
I was awake (fully) at around three. That is several hours too early even for me. But early or not, I was awake. I considered getting up, dressed, and about my day. However, I considered that the noise and activity of that would trouble Ella's sleep. So I lay abed, opened the smart phone (screen on night mode and as dim as I could make it), did my Bible readings, made some sermon idea notes, checked the email for prayer chain posts, sent some prayers, read some social media, checked on news feeds, and began working on this blog post.
Yesterday’s high was 54° and last night’s low was 44°. My WeatherBug says that we are having light rain. However, as I look out the window into the dark, I see no sign of rain. The sunrise is still a few hours away. If the sky allows, I’ll get a sunrise photo.
It is now 5:15 a.m. and I am going to get up and get moving.
I got a loaf of frozen bread dough from the freezer and put it in a bread-pan to thaw and rise. Since it appears that it will be cooler again today, some fresh baked bread sounds like a good idea for both the bread and the little extra heat.
It is now a half hour after “sunrise” but no sun. And the light rain that WeatherBug mentioned has actually arrived. I’m not a fan of thunderstorms and high winds but soft rains sound somehow comforting to me.
How many other RVers like the sound of a gentle rain on the roof? comment below
We went in to Leander Texas to do some laundry at the laundromat.

[gallery ids="3515,3516" type="rectangular"]
And then out to lunch at Taco Bell.

The next stop was Walmart for some groceries and prescriptions. Unfortunately, not all of the prescriptions were ready. That means going back on Monday after games and lunch at the Leander Senior Center.
When we returned home, I checked on the bread dough. It had about tripled in size rather than double. I punched it down and set it aside for a while and then baked it anyway. All I can say about it is, “I’m glad we purchased a loaf of bread while at Walmart."

Although there wasn't a visible sunrise this morning, the sunset was worth seeing.

Cross Tracks Church hosted a Game Night. People brought board games to play and some snack foods. We had six people playing Fast Track at our table. There was a rather spirited group playing Chicken Foot Dominoes at another table. There were also children playing more "enthusiastic" games with foam dart-guns and Nerf footballs. The Bridge players went into one of the classrooms to play as it was too noisy. We arrived home around 9:45 which is close enough to bedtime. So to bed we went.
What are some of your favorite games to play with friends and family?

No comments:

Post a Comment