Thursday, October 11, 2018

2018 February 11 Sunday

2018 February 11 Sunday

Ella posted: This was a hand out at church today. Our Pastors in Texas and in Iowa are both retiring. June is a busy month for our churches, their pastors, and their families.
Our outgoing pastors and their families needed our prayer as they start a new period in their lives. But also our new pastors and their families needed our prayers and support
As their lives are turned upside down and inside out with all the changes, I pray that our church bodies will support our new leaders and their family as they take leadership of our church family.

Tom's post: It was 24° when we left for church this morning. And 29° with occasional reason when we left church.

Before going home we stopped at Dollar General to purchase milk, Mucinex, and stuff to create Valentine's for Grandies.

Since it was such a nice day for a drive (remember below freezing and rain) I decided to take the long way home. I truth it is only a mile or two longer but it is on narrow(er) roads that are in sad disrepair.

We hadn't driven this way much since we returned to Texas in October. Which is why I was surprised to find acre upon acre of solar panels on a solar farm.

Being from Iowa, I'm used to wind farms with mile upon mile of huge turbines. (Drive interstate 80 between Des Moines and Omaha and you'll know what I'm talking about. I've also seen wind farms in Oklahoma and Northeast Texas. But I've never seen solar farms before. These photos don't really show the magnitude of the layout. This is one of the times I wish I had a camera mounted drone.

I also saw this on our roundabout drive. I am trying to decide if this guy is worse or better at parking his RV than I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment