Saturday, October 27, 2018

MI CASA ES TU CASA

MUSINGS - October 27, 2018.


MI CASA ES TU CASA


Mark 9:1-8
He said to them, "I can guarantee this truth: Some people who are standing here will not die until they see the kingdom of God arrive with power." After six days Jesus took only Peter, James, and John and led them up a high mountain where they could be alone. Jesus' appearance changed in front of them. His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone on earth could bleach them. Then Elijah and Moses appeared to them and were talking with Jesus. Peter said to Jesus, "Rabbi, it's good that we're here. Let's put up three tents--one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah." (Peter didn't know how to respond. He and the others were terrified.) Then a cloud overshadowed them. A voice came out of the cloud and said, "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!" Suddenly, as they looked around, they saw no one with them but Jesus.

Peter//, James and John didn't know what to do. You really can't blame them, can you? They suddenly had the entirety of scriptures made real to them: Moses (the Law), Elijah (the Prophets), the voice of God revealed in a cloud (the Old Testament), and Jesus (the New Testament).

Their human minds were overwhelmed. "Let's put up three tents" was their response. Let us make a place to keep them. It will be a place where we can go and be with them. Too many Christians still do that. Our churches are buildings where we house God. We go there to be with him once a week, or once a year, it once in a while. It's almost like visiting a zoo. I enjoy looking at the exotic creatures. But I don't want them in my home.

God should be in our homes, our businesses, our schools, our vehicles, and our lives. Jesus said, "Where two or three have come together in my name, I am there among them." (Matthew 18:20)

Lord, my home is your home.

Dios, mi hogar es tu hogar".

Visit my daily blog. https://RVingFulltimeWithTomAndElla.com/

Andfz my sermons blog http://ThomasEWilliams.blogspot.com/?m=1

All content (except quotations) © 2018 Thomas E. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment