Thursday, October 11, 2018

2018 January 16 Tuesday

2018 January 16 Tuesday

2018 January 16 Tuesday Texas is closed today.

Okay, maybe that’s an overstatement but it sure seems that way. Schools are closed and business didn’t open or closed early. Why? You ask. It got cold! It got down to 21° last night and isn’t going to get back above freezing until Wednesday. Plus we had “flurries”. I even saw some blowing across the road! Gasp!

Sorry if I don’t sound terribly impressed by this “cold spell”. I’ve lived through too many winters in Iowa (5 of them in a fifth wheel trailer) to get all that excited by this dip below the freezing line. But people are acting like it is the end of civilization as we know it.

I went to IHOP for pancakes this morning. I then went to the nearest H.E.B. to pick up paper towels, TP, cereal, and distilled water (for the Cpap). The water shelves were practically bare because people were stocking up for the apocalypse. The senior center was closed and those that receive Meals on Wheels will do without today.

After leaving the grocery store, I stopped at the Verizon store to purchase a Jetpack wifi. I was the only customer that they had today. I was their first customer .. and while I was there, they received a call that all the stores were closing. I made my purchase and they locked the door behind me. Since I had planned to eat at the senior center that was not open today, I stopped at KFC (right next to the Verizon) and picked up a $5 meal deal. I’m glad they were open.

Our church’s Tuesday night prayer meeting is cancelled as is Wednesday morning's Grandies, Wednesday nights choir practice, and Thursday’s Over the Hill Gang. That really clears my schedule for the week. The only thing that is left is to pick Ella up at the Austin airport at 11:15 p.m. on Friday night. I might just spend the next few days walking in small circles with nothing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment