Thursday, October 11, 2018

2018 January 30 Tuesday

2018 January 30 Tuesday


We did our usual trip to the Leander Senior center for games and lunch.
Ella had scheduled a doctor's appointment for 1:40 today.

She is still trying to get rid of her cough and find out why she keeps getting it. The doctor prescribed a higher potency inhaler. When we arrived, I asked the scheduler for an appointment because I've had several dizzy spells this week. To my surprise, she piggybacked my appointment on to Ella's. 

[gallery ids="3450,3451,3452" type="rectangular"]

Doctor says I'm not dizzy (which is a blood pressure or blood flow problem) I have vertigo which is an inner ear problem. I flashed back to scenes in Alfred Hitchcock's movie of the same name.

From the doctor's we went to the pharmacy (around 10 miles) for our prescriptions.
It was after 3:30 when we headed home. To my surprise, we didn't encounter any school buses. These narrow two lane, twisty, and hilly 60 mph roads are not good places to come upon a stopped bus. So this time of day, I am particularly vigilant.
What we did see (and smell) was a lot of smoke.[caption id="attachment_3456" width="4032"] There was a grass fire about 20-30 miles to our south south west. The weather conditions kept it flowing along the ground and down through the valley to our campground.[/caption]Before I went to bed a took a photo of the Super Blue Moon which tomorrow morning will also be a Red moon. The last time that all three of these events occurred was in 1866. (Super because it is as its closest to the earth in its elliptical orbit and 30% brighter. Blue because it is the second full moon in the month. And Red because there will be a total lunar eclipse and the darkened moon will be reddish colored during that phase.)

No comments:

Post a Comment