Thursday, October 11, 2018

2018 January 27 Saturday

2018 January 27 Saturday This is a “free” day for us. There is nothing on our schedule.  This will give Ella another day to recover from her bronchitis or cold or whatever it is that has been hanging on for so long.


It is another “no sunrise” day just a lot of high fog. Overnight temperature was 56°. We have an 80% chance of rain today. That’s not a bad thing at all. This little section of Texas could use a good rain to refill the stock-ponds, rivers, and lakes.
I think I’ll use this free day to get caught up on some reading. Our

Sunday school class is reading the book “ENOUGH, Discovering Joy Through Simplicity and Generosity” by Adam Hamilton. I’ve only read the first couple of chapters but I wish I’d read (and followed) his advise years ago. I also think that every RVer should read it because it speaks to the lifestyle most of us have chosen to follow.
The other book that I’m reading is "Acts 29" by Dr. Terry Tykl

. I’ve only just started with it but the premise is that the new testament book of Acts of the Apostles didn’t end at chapter 28. That it is continuing to be written now by the actions of today’s followers of Jesus the Christ.

My other planned activity for the day is to work on a sermon idea that has been percolating in my brain for a while now. If you would like to see some of the  sermons that I’ve posted on my Armchair Sermons blog, go to ThomasEWilliams.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment