Thursday, October 11, 2018

2018 February 05 Monday

2018 February 05 Monday

Awake at five (ah … Good … nice to be back at normal sleep pattern) outside temperature is 35° which is one degree above the overnight low. WeatherBug gives it a “feels like” of 32°. Yesterday's official high was 70 but I think it must have topped that because it got up to 80 inside with the door and windows open, but before I closed the shades and blinds.

I hear there sounds of traffic zooming down the narrow country side road near our camp site. People are heading to work … probably in Austin which is a forty mile drive to just reach the northernmost edge.

I've been retired (except for some seasonal with) for nearly a decade and I don't miss the rush to get to work. And yet, here I am years later still waking at 5. All those years of working programmed my sleep habits.

I've started the coffee, even though I seldom drink it anymore. But my bride of a quarter century does. So it is still one of the first things I do in the morning and I love the smell as it brews.

Did you know that there is biblical proof that the man must make the coffee?* More on that later.

Okay, on that note, I'm going to catch up on my Bible study, email, newsletters, RVillage, Facebook, and other social media.

In my reading of RVtips today someone had posted this question

“I'm getting ready to stock my first RV. I know I'll load up some tools, kitchen utensils etc. But what will I overlook? What are somethings I may forget to take that you seasoned RVer's would never leave home without? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.”

I responded with, “Space and weight become more important when stocking an RV. Think about the function of everything you take. Does it do more than one chores? Could it be replaced by something that does more than one thing. For example: an InstaPot can replace a Crock-Pot, a pressure cooker, rice, soup and more. Can it be replaced with something lighter or smaller that works as well. For example: a handheld mixer (or whisk) may replace a large Kitchenaide type mixer.
Also, if your plans include spending time away from shore power, consider what can be done by hand or battery powered devices.
But most of all ... Have fun and adapt.”

What suggestions would you give to the question?

After playing Rummikub,

we had baked and breaded fish with hushpuppies for lunch at the Leander Senior center before going to Walmart for medications and groceries.

Ella posted: our new walking exercise class program, “Just a Closer Walk with Thee” began today. We've been walking around in Cross Tracks Church's worship center. It is climate controlled so we don't have to worry about the weather. This is our first gathering we'll meet twice a week, Mondays and Wednesdays from 2-3.

Tom continues: We began with a short devotional and prayer. It is a move-at-your-own-pace and rest as needed time.

I lasted about half an hour before my knee let me know that I had to stop. On a related subject, I have my next rooster comb injection this coming Friday.

We came home and sat in our recliners with our feet up most of the afternoon.

I took a hydrocodone tablet to help with the pain. They, in the past, have not been very effective for me. However this time it worked. It also left me a little “buzzed” also. That had never happened before either. Didn't care for it.

*Hebrews he brews

No comments:

Post a Comment