Sunday, October 21, 2018

2018 October 21 Sunday

2018 October 21 Sunday in Liberty Hill, Texas

48° for the overnight low.

I saw something that I haven't seen for a while, the sun!

Before leaving for church I started a large crockpot full of beef stew.

We arrived at church shortly after eight even though the first service doesn't begin until nine. It's my fault. I went outside to take a picture of the sunrise. While I was out I took some things to the truck. I noticed that the windshield was all fogged over. So I started the truck to let it warm and let the defroster clear the glass. Ella heard the truck start and hurriedly finished getting ready and came out to the truck.

After church and Sunday school we came home and got ready for Adam and family to visit. Ella did some cleaning and straightening inside while I sat up a table and chairs out side. The stew in the Crock-Pot was,. . nice and hot. I preheated the oven and put twelve frozen biscuits in to bake. The kids arrived before the biscuits were done.

Once the did was ready, we sat outside and ate. We visited for a while after lunch. Then with their help, the slide out went out. Yes, we've been living with the slide-out-room in for the last 17 days. It's nice to have living space again.

Back outside we went and played Fast Track. The team of Leigha and Ella won. Adam and Emery took second place. The best looking and smartest team of Tate and Tom took third in a field of three.

I wish I had taken photos while everyone was here, but I didn't think of it.

After the kids left, I got the side grinder out and cut about an inch from the edge of a pizza stone. I'd purchased it a few days ago but found that it was slightly to large for our RV oven. Now it fits.

My reason for using this stone isn't really to bake on. (Though I make some bread on it one of these winter days) It is to even out the heat in the oven. Your typical LP RV oven heats unevenly. That makes baking an iffy proposition with burned spots and unbaked areas.

Almost forgot to look for a sunset today.

G'nite y’all!

Visit my daily devotions blog https://musingsdevotions.wordpress.com/

And my sermons blog http://thomasewilliams.blogspot.com/?m=1l

No comments:

Post a Comment