Wednesday, October 24, 2018

HALF A MIRACLE

MUSINGS - October 24, 2018


HALF A MIRACLE


Mark 8:22-26
As they came to Bethsaida, some people brought a blind man to Jesus. They begged Jesus to touch him. Jesus took the blind man's hand and led him out of the village. He spit into the man's eyes and placed his hands on him. Jesus asked him, "Can you see anything?" The man looked up and said, "I see people. They look like trees walking around." Then Jesus placed his hands on the man's eyes a second time, and the man saw clearly. His sight was normal again. He could see everything clearly even at a distance. Jesus told him when he sent him home, "Don't go into the village."

"Some people brought a blind man to Jesus." And then some people begged Jesus to heal him. The blind man had no voice in nor took any action in his healing. Jesus often said, "Your faith has made you well."* However, to this man he said nothing like that. His friends had faith in Jesus. Perhaps the blind man only had faith in his friends not in Jesus. Maybe that is why Jesus seperated him from the others, so that he would begin to trust Jesus. His faith developed in stages. To begin with, he had no faith. Then he had a little. Finally, he believed.

I was like that blind man. I went to church only because a friend invited me. I wasn't looking for Jesus. I was spiritually blind. Little by little my eyes were opened until at last I could say with the author of Amazing Grace, "I was blind but now I see!"

The blind man in this scripture had to receive half of a miracle before he could be made whole.

How about you? Have you received a partial miracle and are satisfied with that? Or can you agree with the hymn It is Well With My Soul and say, "My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more"?

*Mark 5:34, Luke 17:19, Luke 7:50, Luke 8:48, Luke 18:42, Matthew 9:22, Mark 19:52

Visit my daily blog. https://RVingFulltimeWithTomAndElla.com/

And my sermons blog http://ThomasEWilliams.blogspot.com/?m=1

All content (except quotations) © 2018 Thomas E. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment