Thursday, October 11, 2018

2018 January 26 Friday

2018 January 26 Friday we awoke to a gray overcast day (no sunrise photo today). It reached a low of 47° overnight, which is a warmer low temperature than we’ve had lately. Even so, the furnace ran off and on all night to keep it about 62-64° in the trailer.
We left for the Leander Senior Center on Bagdad at around 9:30.
When we arrived, everybody, that was playing


a game, was

playing Rummikub. There was no room for us in the game. Ella and I got out the dominoes and played Mexican Train.
Before lunch the staff brought out individual bowls of tortilla chips and salsa. That was followed by a warm peach cobbler. When lunch was served, it was a bean (and meat?) burrito. The side dish (which I declined) was a soggy mass of over cooked peas, green beans, carrots, and squash all. The salsa was the best part of the meal, in my opinion.
No one wanted to stay after lunch to play games.
We stopped at Dollar General to purchase some olive oil. And then on home to nap time.
I know I'm old, but this last month or so had been really hard on my old bones. So now, I guess, I'm old AND decrepit.[caption id="attachment_3398" width="740"] This is a photograph of me that has been "doctored" by an app called Art Filter Photo Editor & Oil Painting Darkroom by Lyrebird Studio[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment